Last modified: February 1, 2018
This Policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, access, or use the NeighborPlate mobile application (the “App”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we may collect in the App and potentially in any email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the App.
This Policy does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including websites and other applications you may access through the App.
- You provide to, or is collected by any third party.
Our websites, and any applicable third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Generally, you could use this App in one of two capacities.
1. Chef. Chefs are home-based cooks that prepare, market and sell their homemade meals to customers through the App.(“Chef” or “Chefs”).
2. Customer. Customers are individuals who use the App to search, order and pay for the homemade meals offered and sold by Chefs using the App (“Customer” or “Customers”).
Choice and Consent
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We may collect information from and about users of our App that:
- You provide to us.
- Is automatically collected by the App.
Information You Provide to Us
The App may require you to provide the following individually identifiable information (“Personal Information”):
- First Name
- Last Name
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Home or other physical address
- Bank account information
- Payment card information
- Photos or other images of you
Initially, this Personal Information is collected by the App in the creation and maintenance of your User Account and Profile. You may also provide Personal Information in free text fields available in the App or through the Contact feature. As you use the services, the App uses this Personal Information to provide those services and other information to you and others as described in this Policy.
Automatic Information Collection
When you download, access, and use the App, the App may also use technology to automatically collect non-personal information from your device, such as the following.
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data and possibly application activity logs.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network or carrier information.
- Location Information. The App collects and stores locally real-time information about the location of your device through a “use current location” feature. This information is not transferred from the device to NeighborPlate or any third party.
Personal Information Collection and Use
Our App collects and uses Personal Information in order to provide you any services or information you request through the App. Common uses of your Personal Information in providing such services include the following:
- Profile creation and Account management. We use your Personal Information to assist Chefs in building, maintaining and terminating Chef Accounts and related Profiles. Likewise, if you are a Customer, we may use your Personal Information to create your profile. Personal Information for this purpose can include your name, location information, personal details and skills, bank account information, payment method and your picture.
- Connecting Customers and Chefs; Facilitating Delivery. The App uses Personal Information for the purposes of connecting Chefs with prospective and existing Customers. The App also collects and shares Personal Information between the Chef and Customer for purposes of coordinating delivery of a meal. Personal Information for this purpose can include your name, telephone number, and your location.
- Processing Customer Order Payments. The App uses your Personal Information to process any Customer Orders for meals and delivery from Chefs. Personal information can include your name and payment card number. NeighborPlate contracts with a trusted third party service provider to securely collect and transfer any payment card information.
- Processing Chef Payments. The App uses Personal Information to process and distribute any payments to Chefs for completed Orders. Personal information can include your name, address and bank account information.
- Social media marketing and user authentication. In accordance with a Chef’s direction and consent, we may share Chef Information with social media providers for the purposes of promoting or marketing your Chef profile to prospective customers. Additionally, for Customers and Chefs, the App can sometimes accept the same social media login credentials as your NeighborPlate login credentials. To enable this ‘single sign on”, we may need to share your information with the social media service provider to access such credentials.
Beyond these disclosures, we will only disclose information collected from the App:
- With your consent.
- If required to by law.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the App’s End User License Agreement.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NeighborPlate our customers or others.
Technical, Non-Personal Information Collection and Use
Information Collection Technologies
The technologies we may use for automatic information collection may include mobile cookies or other information collection technologies. Cookies are small text files placed on your device’s hard drive through your web browser or the App that enable us to personalize your web browsing experience. The App’s cookies and information collection technologies do not contain Personal Information. We may use such technologies to compile aggregate data about App traffic and App interaction with our servers so that we can offer better App experiences and tools in the future.
Your device settings may provide means by which to prevent the App from accepting new cookies or limiting the use of such collection technologies. However, if you select such settings, you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
We do not collect information about your online activities over time, across third party websites or other applications or through other online services. As mentioned above, we do use Google Analytics to support our App, which involves the automatic collection of information such as the web address of our App and your IP address.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We will not distribute your Personal Information to third parties for the purposes of marketing or advertising third party products to you without obtaining your consent in advance.
While a company can never guarantee perfect security, we have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure information stored in the App against accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Payment Card Information. NeighborPlate contracts with a trusted third party service provider to securely collect and transfer any payment card information. All payment card and payment information is encrypted at the point of collection, use and when in transit. NeighborPlate or the App never store or use payment card information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We do not intentionally collect information from any individual under 13 years of age. Our App, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years of age or older.
United States Use Only
Our App is intended to service U.S. residents only and is not intended to collect, use, or share Personal Information for any residents of countries other than the U.S.
This App is owned and operated by NeighborPlate. If you have any questions concerning this Policy and our App’s use of your information, please contact us at email@example.com